Friday, 22 July 2016





ABOUT ME

I love art. Colours, patterns, textures, layering different palettes - anything and everything design or decor related. In July 2014 my husband and I bought our forever home, which we have lovingly nicknamed our 1990 poster child - floor to ceiling oak, brass and purple flowered linoleum *grimace*. Mr. B made me promise before we signed the papers that I would not attempt to refinish the house in a week... He knows me so well LOL.

I completed my first major home renovation in 2010 after I bought my first house. Ya'll are so lucky the camera can not capture smell LOL! What a dump! I bought the place after my beautiful sister who just happens to be my mortgage broker informed me of a little thing called a "renovation mortgage" yes folks that'a really a thing! The bank WILL allow you to buy a dump and  mortgage the renovations AMAZING. My property search just blew up! Here's a quick peek at some of the before and after shots of that gem!

BEFORE
AFTER
There's a running joke in my family going back to when I was 5 or 6 years old. I insisted on collecting little scraps of wrapping paper from Christmas and every birthday party. I would cut out hundreds of little squares from the paper so that I could mix and match and glue them up into my own little masterpieces, I had BAGS of the stuff. This was the beginning of big things my friends LOL!!!!

There I am!
A crazy haired kid with big design aspirations ;)
By 13 years old I was "refinishing" furniture with
anything I could get my hands on. I literally repainted my night stands, by hand, with glitter and nail polish. BEDAZZLED! I can't believe my mom didn't ground me for life, she's so supportive :)

At 15, I refinished all my bedroom furniture with REAL paint, I have a soft spot in my heart for army prints so I hand painted my dressers desert camouflage and even finished them off with a varnish (go me!)

And here I am 16 years later turning a life long passion into a full-time job! I'm one lucky lady to have a husband who supports me in my new endeavour and backs me every step of the way!

I am definitely a big believer in DIY and I'm an even bigger believer in a good deal so I have created this blog so I can share with you my many design adventures as well as some money saving hacks and do-it-yourself tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment